Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Banana Bread (from Purity cookbook)

BANANA BREAD

Preheat oven to 350˚

2 cups flour 1 egg

½ cup white sugar ¾ milk

3 tsp. baking powder ¼ oil

½ tsp. baking soda 1 ½ bananas (I add more)

½ tsp. salt


Mix dry ingredients into a bowl, then add wet ingredients. I usually add the bananas last to see how much extra I can add depending on the moisture level. It should be a sticky batter.

If you have kids or love chocolate you can add chocolate chips to the batter too.

Then pour into loaf pan. Bake for 65-70 min. Until the bread turns golden brown and pulls away from sides.

Tip: - this bread can burn very quickly if you do not watch it near the end.

Serves: 1 loaf

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I am at a friends house babysitting and thought I would make some banana bread to surprise her. I looked through all sorts of recipes online but couldnt find one like my old stand by from Purity. You saved the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the original purity cookbook. The recipe should be one and a half cups of bananas, not one and a half bananas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to me my Grandmother used 3 very ripe bananas. (which would be about1 1/2 cups) It is a great way to use those few bananas that nobody will eat. Personally, I'll eat them right up to the almost jelly point. *a little brown spot never bothered me*. Truth be told, a banana isn't even worth eating until it has a few freckles on the skin.

    ReplyDelete

Weight Watcher 2 Point Ideas

  • 1 hard boiled egg
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 2 cups cubed watermelon
  • 1/2 cup of juice
  • 6 saltine crackers
  • 1 cheese string
  • 6 vinta crackers (square ones)
  • 1 bag of nativa (shoppers) baby choc cookies
  • 1 package of Pringles stix any flavour
  • 4 twizzlers
  • Kashi Granola Bars
  • 1 bag of Thinsations chocolate covered Pretzels